Wednesday 4 July 2012

Is it adequate to dose monthly with Revolution?


If, like me, you have a dog or a cat, you've probably already discovered that keeping your pet free from fleas, ticks and other parasites can be a tricky (and sometimes expensive) business. Flea collars, anti-parasite shampoos, powders and sprays are all widely available over the counter, but in my experience, they just don't work as well as I'd like them to. Sure, your pet may be flea free for a few days, but as soon as you think you have the all clear, those horrible little blood-suckers are back! The majority of these products also fail to protect against anything more than fleas, which can mean purchasing numerous shampoos, collars or drops to achieve your goal of year round freedom from internal and external parasites.


I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that over the years I've spent a fortune trying to find an anti-flea and parasite solution that really works. I have to admit I was getting to the end of my leash when my veterinarian finally introduced me to Revolution. The vet explained that Revolution for dogs and Revolution for cats are FDA approved pet meds that contain the active ingredient Selamectin, making Revolution very different from your usual flea collar or anti-parasite shampoo. 

Unsurprisingly, one of the first questions I asked about Revolution is whether a monthly dose would be enough for adequate and long-lasting protect against parasites. It seemed impossible to me that a few drops of liquid applied to an animal's skin could prevent not only fleas but ticks, ear mite and heartworm too. However, once I understood how Revolution works, I can see how it succeeds in being so effective. The veterinarian explained that Revolution is absorbed by the animal's skin into their blood and then released gradually by the glands over the next 30 days. As Revolution kills both adult fleas and flea eggs, it helps to break the reproductive cycle, and prevents that problem of re-infestation occurring. The presence of Revolution in the pet's blood-stream also works as a preventative against internal parasites.

Revolution is a well chosen name for this product, because it really is a revolution for pet owners and their furry friends. I personally feel that using Revolution on a monthly basis is much easier on the pocket than spending cash on products which fail to provide all round protection. I even found a website called Pet Shed that sells Revolution at a good price. If you haven't yet tried Revolution as flea control for your pets, why not give it a go and discover for yourself the efficacy of this innovative anti-parasite formula.


0 comments:

Post a Comment